Suffering from an afternoon slump…and want something to help satisfy those choocie-biscuit cravings too? Try these, quick to make, easy to store, and delicious to eat (appropriately named for this time of year) energy snowballs!
What you will need
- Your favourite type of nut butter (on this occasion I used whole-earth peanut butter with added flax seed, but try whatever you like – cashew nut is my fave)
- Agave nectar
- Cacao powder
- Protein powder (i used plain but I don’t think there would be a problem using vanilla or chocolate flavours)
- Desiccated coconut
- Spoon out approx 2 large tbsps of the nut butter into a bowl
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of agave nectar and mix together
- Add 2 tsps of the cacao powder and 2 large tbsps of your protein and mix thoroughly (quantities may need to be adjusted to taste if using a flavoured one – also take into account the sweetness of the protein when adding the agave nectar)
- Add 2 small handfuls or so of the oats and mix it all in
- Now take out a large teaspoon sized amount of the mixture and roll up into a ball using your hands, then roll the ball around on a plate of desiccated coconut and refrigerate.
- Enjoy as a pre-workout snack or mid afternoon pick me up! Be careful – they are more-ish and the nut butter does make these high in calories, so savour every bite of your snowball and save the rest for the week ahead